Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Winter workout

Excuse me for thinking that winter has landed on the doorstep.................yesterday at work it reached a massive 10 degrees and was wet, cold and windy. The only way that I could convince my body to crawl out from under the doona today (ANZAC day) with very similar weather conditions outside was to compromise and take myself to the gym to complete the hour interval session. So........................armed with my ipod I exposed myself to the icy morning but thankfully only from the front door to the car and then from the car to the gym door. I was truly thankful that I had an indoor training option but seriously my ability to stay focussed (and motivated) when all I was doing was running on the spot was challenged. Followed up the interval session with a weights workout with my beloved and was rewarded with steaming coffee from our local cafe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment