Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 1 April 2012

Did that really happen? Part 2

So once I had been given the all clear from the med tent, I shuffled to the car and was driven home by my champion triathlete (who shaved 14 minutes off the previous Ironman time).............we both were incredibly stiff and sore and tired but couldn't wait to tuck into our post race meal (even if it was after 11pm) of lentils and quinoa.................mmmmmm yum!
Sleep didn't necessarily come easily, with both of us bouncing around courtesy the caffeine tabs taken during the race (I digress but I recall the look I got from Zoe when I was waiting in transition for Stu to get back from his ride, I was jumping up and down on the spot and wondered aloud whether I needed to take any more caffeine before I headed out on the run!)...................not even a sleeping tablet worked like it should!
We get up the next morning to get ready for work and my left foot had been truly mashed in the marathon...................
The casualty count included 3 juicy blisters, one very bruised toenail (that now is in the process of leaving home) and a big toe that is really only half a nail now.......................I had the chore of wearing flat shoes all week and kids at school took great pleasure to tell me that I looked 'funny' when I don't wear high heels....................oh the indignity!

No comments:

Post a Comment