Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Thursday 22 March 2012

What if..............

This morning was about the 'what if'.....when the alarm went off, I wanted another 10 minutes and then when it went off for the second time, I stayed under the covers for another 10. The third time the alarm sounded, I decided I really just wanted to stay in the warmth of the bed.......all the while I was visualising myself doing the hill run..............the 'what if' question got the better of me........I took myself to the Tan to run around the steets of South Yarra and as I ran I pondered the 'what if' questions....what if I had done all of my training sessions, would my run on Sunday be any better? What if I don't fuel properly for Sunday? What if it rains on Sunday and I slip? What if I don't sleep well in the days leading up to Ironman? What if I had managed my stress better? What if? What if? What if? WHAT IF??????????
Seriously it almost tipped me over until I decided to forget trying to second guess everything and just run............and that worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment