Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 12 March 2012

Overcooked

Yesterday started as any other day but ended quite differently to anything I had previously experienced.......the run was a 2hr and 40 minute session and it needed to be run mid afternoon to mimic my marathon start time. My triathlete and I had spent some relaxing time in the morning just hanging out on the day bed fueling for the run and getting the head ready for the session. However my head struggled to be positive about the run from the beginning...........anyway we headed over near Port Melbourne as our starting point...........it seemed that everyone was out enjoying the gorgeous day..........after a while I started to feel what is best described as "murky" in my gut but onwards I pushed. I drank at every water bubbler and after an hour 20 I turned around to head back to the car (my triathlete was doing interval sets so we weren't running with each other). My thoughts weren't positive at all about my efforts and I was beating myself up to the point where I had to stop running because I was quite upset and struggled to inhale deeply enough......once I had settled myself down enough to continue, off we went again only to get a few kms further along before I had to stop and pull myself together again. At that stage my triathlete's legs were aching and we decided to walk for a little bit. It was about now that I started to spiral down..........we tried a run/walk/sit on bench routine to get closer to the car. Oh and the wind......it was rather chilly and it was then that my favourite person arranged a meeting point and continued the run to the car. It was about now that I was making audible pained sounds and trying really hard to stay upright as I made my way to get picked up. I sat on the ground because I was feeling very faint and once my triathlete collected me I burst into tears because I felt so poorly :( arriving home, my teeth were chattering and walking proved to be difficult. I lay on the bed and asked to be wrapped in a blanket......my lips were turning blue and I lost all colour in my face.........my triathlete ran a bath for me which helped warm me..........no sooner was I out of the bath, my inner mermaid vomited stuff that looked like seaweed (what the hell?).........I was what is known as "cooked" in as much as I had completely depleted my body in every possible way.......I have lived to see another day but geez I feel like crap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment