Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 18 March 2012

The hare and the tortoise

Heading into taper week, today's run was important to me for 2 reasons - 1 as a confidence builder just to prove to myself that I can do it and 2 just for continuing to have my legs move seeing as my run efforts this past week have not been extraordinary! So out we went, the hare and the tortoise. The hare was a fine thoroughbred and had a mighty fine gait and pace and the tortoise just wanted to finish the session. The hare had a much longer run session than the tortoise and about 30 minutes into the run, the tortoise was not sure whether she had locked her vehicle so the hare and the tortoise turned and ran back to the car. (BTW the car was locked). Off the two went again. Soon it was time for the tortoise to head back as her session was almost completed. The hare continued beyond to St Kilda. The tortoise finished the session and was happy......slow and steady wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment