Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Sunday 29 July 2012

Bitumen is boring #2

Salomon Trail Running Series - Run 2 out at Plenty Gorge.

Overnight rain meant that the 2 river crossings were taken out of today's run because water was apparently at chest depth.................the ground was sloppy, slippery and very muddy. But it was a HOOT! I tripped over rocks and branches more times than I can recall, scrambled up steep inclines on my hands and came 12th in my age group. It was loads of fun and I didn't care about the time, my pace, just about having some fun. I could picture the pooch whooping it up had she been there :)

Maybe will see you at the 3rd run out in the Dandenong Ranges in a month? (http://www.salomontrailseries.com.au/)

No comments:

Post a Comment