Heels and Hills........what's it all about?

Sandals, kitten heels, pumps, stilettos, wedges, platforms, mules, Mary-Janes, boots...........I am a lover and consumer of all things shoes. However I have had to make way in my collection for runners in my quest for endurance running......this is my story.

Monday 27 August 2012

Bitumen is boring #3

The run (3rd in the Salomon Trail Running series) was up at Silvan in the Dandenong Ranges AND was advertised as the toughest (but most rewarding) runs of the series in length of the courses as well as a bit hillier.............................the start / finish area was at the foot of the mighty Silvan Reservoir dam wall in the highly manicured picnic area with stone terraces, vine covered pergolas and rhododendron gardens dating from the 1930s.

This run was also the test run of the new trail runners................

Verdict: it was a stunning trail run but we thought the previous trail run was more challenging.........or did the trail runners make that much of a difference that it all felt easier? Who knows.........the shoes were ACE to run in - I felt so much more steady on the uneven ground and I was more confident running through the mud and puddles and not so worried about slipping and sliding..................

The trail runners can take me from traversing the chandeliers of life.........................



to running muddy trails and still have fabulous looking shoes (albeit flat shoes)!
 
 
PS........................my muddy feet/legs looked just like a hairy pooch's paws..........................
 




No comments:

Post a Comment